Friday, October 10, 2008

Should Michael Weiss be worried?


According to USA Today, the Dow fell 679 points. I’ve never been very good at math, but after thinking back on the last few weeks, and seeing that headline today, I couldn’t help but think “how are there any points left to keep dropping?” I wasn’t the only person worried about my portfolio (which up until now was immense and very wisely invested…errr… okay, let’s be real, I don’t have money for a portfolio.)


Anyway, there we are, on our way to the Alltel Ice Den to rehearse for the “Bayer Healthcare Diabetes Care presents Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family,” when Michael Weiss lets out a sarcastic chuckle from the back seat. I turn around to be let in on the joke, and he says, “Oh, just looking at my portfolio, and probably shouldn’t have.”


There are a lot of other things I feel Michael Weiss should be stressed about… how about the upcoming show in just two days?? (Did you know that skaters only spend the first TWO days before a show learning their routines?) Today, they met with choreographer Lea Ann Miller to go over the music and practice together for the first time. Knowing the precision and perfection that skaters pull off in a show, I can’t believe it all comes together in two days??


Perhaps he should be stressed about the thousands of fans he’ll be performing in front of and worried about messing up? (although, something tells me he doesn’t mess up much). What if he doesn’t land the Michael Weiss back flip? What if he eats something that doesn’t agree with him and gets sick all weekend? What if one of his kids gets sick? BTW – daughter Annie-Mae and son Chris were out on the ice today cracking jokes and picking on each other like most siblings do until they got serious enough to practice their routine for Sunday night… I can’t give it all away, but Michael lifts little Annie-Mae high over his head (pictured)…maybe he should be worried about dropping her?? See, there are lots of things Michael Weiss should be worried about this weekend – least of all his portfolio.

Anyhow, what this says to me is just how REAL all of these legendary skaters are. They are all so down to earth and today I found out all sorts of things I never knew about a few of them. Like how much Jamie Sale likes to goof around. Or how affectionate and gentle Josef Sabovcik is with his two boys. Or how much Kristi Yamaguchi’s daughters look like her? I can't wait to find out more about all of these skaters and their kids tomorrow!

No comments: